Transforming libraries with mobile technology
Edited by Mohamed Ally and Gill Needham.
This title draws together international authorities to explore the variety of work that libraries are doing across the world to deliver resources to users via mobile and hand-held devices.
Based on the proceedings of the Third International M-Libraries Conference held in Brisbane in May 2011, this draws together cutting-edge international contributions from the leading authorities in the field. The main strands of discussion include:
- mobile services and their development
- mobile users, their behaviour and requirements
- emerging technical developments including new platforms, devices and applications
- strategy and infrastructure developments at national level
- reflections and feedback on new service models
- local innovation.