- Attention Deficit Disorder
- Gifted and Talented
- Learning Disorders
- Cultural Diversity and Early Education
- This report discusses many issues related to cultural diversity and early education such as cultural diversity at home and the implications for early education.
- Low Income Does Not Cause Low School Achievement
- Article discusses how schools can create a school environment that will support bicultural students.
- The May Institute
- The May Institute is one of the largest provides of Applied Behaviour Analysis services in North America.
Attention Deficit Disorder
- About Attention Deficit Disorder
- Site provides a list of on-line resources about attention deficit disorder.
- Children and Adults with Attention Deficit Disorder
- Site provides links to sites concerning attention deficit disorder.
- National Attention Deficit Disorder Association
- Site provides resources about many different aspects of attention deficit disorder.
- The Other Side of Attention Deficit Disorder
- Site provides information about the positive and alternative views of ADD.
Gifted and Talented
- Gifted and Learning Disabled
- "The paradox of children who are gifted and learning disabled is explored in this section."
- Joy and Loss: The Emotional Lives of Gifted Children
- Article discusses some of the challenges that gifted children may face emotionally.
- Working With Perfectionist Students
- Article discusses some of the characteristics and challenges of perfectionist students.
- Assessing Children for the Presence of a Disability
- Article discusses the methods, limitations, and areas of assessment of disabilities in children.
- Canada's SchoolNet
- Site provides information and resources about educating children with special needs. It's a Canadian site with lots of Canadian information.
- Childhood Neurodevelopmental Dysfunction and Learning Disorders
- Article touches on the problems children have with attention, memory, language, organizational skills, neuromotor functioning, and social cognition.
- Depression in People with Learning Disablities
- This article discusses examples of people with learning disabilities who were depressed, the causes of their depression, and how to treat it.
- Site provides information and resources about dyslexia.
- George's Dyslexia Links
- Site provides many links to web sites related to dyslexia.
- Homeschooling and the Child with a Learning Disorder
- Article discusses some issues raised in homeschooling children with learning disorders.
- Learned Helplessness and Attribution for Success and Failure
- This article discusses how the success or failure of children who have learning disabilities is affected by learned helplessness and attribution.
- Learning Disabilities Association of Canada
- Site provides information about learning disabilities, the issues surrounding learning disabilities, and links to both Canadian and International web sites concerning learning disabilities.
- National Center for Learning Disabilities
- Site provides information and tips about every aspect of learning disabilities.
- Nonverbal Learning Disorders
- Article discusses different types of nonverbal learning disabilities including motoric, visual-spatial-organizational, and social disorders. It also provides some strategies that can be used to cope with the disorders.
- Nonverbal Learning Disorders on the Web
- Site provides information and resources about nonverbal learning disorders.
- Processing Deficits in Learning Disorders
- This site contains a variety of links to information about central auditory processing disorders and their relationship to learning disabilities.
- Special Education Resources on the Internet
- "Special Education Resources on the Internet (SERI) is a collection of Internet accessible information resources of interest to those involved in the fields related to Special Education. This collection exists in order to make on-line Special Education resources more easily and readily available in one location."
- What Teachers Can Do About Learning Disabilities
- Article discusses some teaching techniques which are useful when teaching children who have learning disabilities.
Please take a moment and tell us what you think of this resource
by filling in our feedback form.