- Research Methods
- Effective Presentations Homepage
- Site provides advice for presenting research; encompasses both oral and poster presentations.
- How to Win Acceptances by Psychology Journals
- Yale University's Robert Sternberg gives advice about improving the writing of journal articles.
- On Being a Scientist: Responsible Conduct in Research
- This online book discusses common issues that people should be aware of when conducting research.
- A Psychologist's Guide to the Conduct of Non-Sexist Research
- This article posted by the CPA describes how people can conduct non-sexist research.
- Evaluation Research
- An overview of various aspects of evaluation research can be found at this site including information about planning an evaluation cycle, developing an evaluation culture, types of evaluation, evaluation strategies, and evaluation questions and methods.
- Guidelines for Educational and Psychological Testing
- This guide discusses test instrumentation, test use, and administrative procedures.
- Meta-Analysis of Research Studies
- "This page is intended to help you learn more about meta-analysis by providing you with an overview; links to relevant documents and resources; and free, high-quality software."
- Methods in Behavioral Research
- Site provides links to a number of on-line resources which cover the topics of scientific understanding of behavior, ethical research, research methods and designs, measurement concepts, surveys, experimental designs, conducting research, quasi-experimental and single-subject designs, understanding research results, and writing research reports.
- Qualitative Research
- Links to sources of information about qualitative research methods, which is a nontraditional approach popular among some sociologists and social psychologists.
- Quasi-Experimental Design
- Various approaches to quasi-experimental designs are explored in this site including non-equivalent group design and regression-discontinuity design. As well, topics such as internal validity and advances in quasi-experimental design are discussed.
- Research Methods Knowledge Base
- This comprehensive web-based textbook discusses sampling, measurement, research design, data analysis, validity, reliability, and ethics, as well has how to develop a research question and write a research paper.
- Research Methods in Evaluation and Social Research
- Links to free online books, manuals, and articles on how to do evaluation and social research, including surveys, interviews, observations and more. Also links to research about research methods, free software, and sites on how to present data. This site also has a review of free statistical resources.
- Science Free of Sexism
- This article is "a psychologist's guide to nonsexist research.".
- Social Research Methods
- Site provides information, simulations and tutorials about concepts concerning statistics and research.
- Survey Design/Questionnaire Design
- This site provides an overview of some of the different aspects of survey and questionnaire design. A discussion of the advantages and disadvantages of using various types of surveys and questions is included.
- A New View of Statistics
- Site provides the explanations for many terms encountered in statistics.
- Choosing a Statistical Test
- Site provides some tips about how to choose the right statistical test.
- HyperStat Online
- This is "an online statistics book and online tutorial for help in statistics courses."
- Internet Glossary of Statistical Terms
- Site provides definitions to a number of terms commonly found in statistics.
- Research Randomizer
- Online tool generates a customized set of random numbers for use in research projects.
- This online textbook explains key concepts in statistics.
- The CHANCE Database
- The CHANCE database is full of useful information about the proper application of probability theory and statistics.
Please take a moment and tell us what you think of this resource
by filling in our feedback form.